headlThe Sacred Heart band are practising on Monday 1st as it will be a “Method Monday” Double Court Minor and touches if possible. If the right people turn up we could have Cambridge and touches of Kent. Also welcome people that would like to try calling touches and don’t normally get the chance.
Just a reminder that it is ‘Method Monday’ at Sacred Heart this coming Monday – Methods Double Court Minor and St Martins Doubles and beer to follow. See you there!
Sacred Heart Bournemouth are starting up a “Method Monday” on the 1st Monday of each month, methods will be similar to the minor method practiced at Sopley each month, so you can get even more practice?
March Method Monday will be Double Court Minor and touches of St Simons Doubles. Practice is from 5.45 – 7.15 followed by beer!.
Ten people met at Sopley on Wednesday to engage with the project of improving our Minor Methods expertise.
We focussed on Singles in Bob Minor, Treble Bob Hunt, and Double Court Minor which was the top request of the evening, and was a first for one of the band.
We also rang Kent Minor.
To assist preparations for the next practice on 22nd March, you may find this new website page helpful. (for other news on Double Court Minor, please click here)
Last night 15 members of the Priory Band welcomed 6 visitors at the Priory and (in the words of Alastair from Dorchester):
had a cracking evening in the far east … with a very varied selection of ringing, from rounds and call changes on 6, 8, and 12, to Plain courses of Double Court Bob Minor (a first) and Cambridge Minor (first for a while), and a touch of Stedman Doubles.
The two visitors who requested Grandsire Triples picked a good evening to come as we rang several plain courses and a 6-single touch that was new for a Monday.
Photo by Alastair Simpson
Words by Rosalind
Our next minor practice will be on Wednesday 8th February when we will be ringing all the methods learned so far:
- St Clements College Bob,
- Little Bob,
- Single Court and
- Double Court Bob Minor.
Although we managed without ‘helpers’ last time, we would really appreciate experienced ringers to help us – especially with calling touches.
Hope to see as many of you as possible!
Marisa (RSVP using email form below)
News and Information
- Bournemouth Sacred Heart “Method Monday” Confirmed July 3rd July 3, 2017
- Bournemouth Sacred Heart “Method Monday” Confirmed May 1st April 25, 2017
- Bournemouth Sacred Heart – Method Monday – 3rd March March 30, 2017
- Bournemouth Sacred Heart “Method Monday” 6th March March 3, 2017
- Canford Minor Practice (SDGR) Weds 8th Feb 7.30pm February 3, 2017
Another well-attended practice with lots of hard work and progress made. Some highlights were:
- First go at Double Court Bob Minor for 2 of the ringers, and the method has once again succeeded in being a novel challenge, without being too heavyweight. It was also good practice for those Christchurch ringers who have been working on it for a few weeks already.
- Good progress with Kent Inside, consolidating a long term learning effort for several of us. Next time, can people aim to ring a new bell as well as their “comfort blanket bell”?
- Useful practice for the Bob Minor Conductors in the group, both of whom were able to try something new. Mostly we rang it accurately enough to come around but we need to do more homework on the Singles for February.
- Very tidy Treble Bob Hunt practice which was a help for the aspiring “treble-to-Kent” ringer.
- Yes, we missed Chris!
Consensus of the band is that for February 22nd we would like to stay with the same methods:
- Plain Bob Minor (including Singles)
- Kent Minor
- Double Court Minor (let’s look at some Bobs next!)
- Treble Bob Hunt Minor
Please can the conductors come prepared to call some short touches of Double Court and simple Single-only touches of Bob Minor?
It’s a good practice to work on your Ringing Master skills as well – anyone want to do all or part of the job in February?
Thank you for all the replies. We now have enough people and lots of method ideas. The plan is:
- Plain Bob Minor (Plain Courses and Touches)
- Double Court Minor (Click here for helpful stuff)
- Kent Minor (Plain Courses and Touches)
7.30pm-9.00pm, parking on the lane outside, ground floor easy six, new people will be welcomed and made to work hard! Bring jumpers coats and hot water bottles it can be very cold.
Sometimes it’s helpful to have a bespoke version of the lines for a method for several learners at once…. these were made using http://www.ringbell.co.uk/ toolkit/library.htm which is a fantastic website for this kind of thing… click an image below to see each line or get a pdf of all 3 together by clicking here.
We plan to continue working on Treble Bob Minor. Several people are already making a good job of this and one or two more are in the pipeline!
Minor Inside Ringing… New Method
Double Court Bob Minor is a fairly manageable stepping stone towards Double Norwich Major. We have not rung this at practice night before (not in the last few years anyway) but we should be able to make a decent job of it!
Double Norwich Court Bob Major..
Now the Schools have broken up we may well have all our Double Norwich ringers (actual and aspiring) present so it’s worth revising for this evening’s practice. Extra people most welcome to offer support or to learn!