The following plan sets out what the officers of the Guild hope to achieve over the next few years. Having such a plan in place will enable ideas to develop, provide continuity and help move the Guild towards being a more relevant entity for its members. It will also demonstrate to members how their subscriptions are being used.
The plan takes into account areas of need identified by members at the Have Your Say Days, the AGM and other occasions. It will be reviewed for progress and budget annually at the AGM.
The officers’ vision is of a central administration which can provide resources, educational initiatives and public relations advice and support, using the resources to best advantage, whilst encouraging the districts to be more independent and flexible in what they offer in terms of local and day to day ringing.
News Posts about the Guild Action Plan
- hold at least two all-Guild ringing events each year to encourage all ringers to come together
- encourage the districts to be more independent of central control and more flexible in their ringing programmes and events
- produce an inventory of Guild resources available to members and to publish the information on the Guild website
- become a point of contact for all ringing matters for diocesan and national bodies
- encourage young ringers to come together to ring and to socialise and to be involved in Guild administration
- review areas of Guild administration to improve effectiveness
- continue to seek feedback from members
Key projects for 2015-18
- Communications – establish a Guild database of members and new Guild website
- Education – support educational initiatives, especially those improving the quality of ringing teaching in the Guild area
- Belfry Stewardship – reform and review the work of the Belfry Stewardship Committee
- *Recruitment and Retention – (added June 2016)
- 2016 – host the CCCBR AGM in Portsmouth and provide the material for the RW Calendar
- 2017 – offer to host the ART annual conference
- 2018 – arrange an event to mark the centenary of the end of WW1 and to record commemorative ringing
- Recruitment Drive and Retention of Ringers to encourage Church Service ringing and the cultivation of change ringing by increasing the number of proficient ringers across the Guild.