The fund is to support members of the Winchester and Portsmouth Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers, especially to support those members under 25. The object of this fund is to provide financial assistance by way of grants to individuals and groups incurring expenditure on: the provision of training, attending courses and events, training materials, payment of tutor expenses, educational assets and any other worthy project to enhance and enable the development of a ringer or group of ringers, or the purchase by the Guild of goods or services to assist in the development of a ringer or group of ringers.
Officials. The Master, the Vice-Master, the Honorary General Secretary, and the Honorary Treasurer of the Guild. The Officials will request input from other Guild Committees when required.
Applications. To be forwarded to the Honorary Treasurer of the Guild; in writing or by electronic message (see application form).
Decisions. An application for a grant from this fund will be considered by the Officials, and their decision relayed to the applicant in a timely manner.
- To qualify for a grant, applicants must be paid-up members of the Winchester & Portsmouth Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers (including probationary members).
- Grants towards the cost of residential training courses will normally be awarded up to a maximum rate of 50% of the course costs and not exceeding £100. The cost of ART courses may be awarded in full.
- Depending upon the funds available and the number of applications received, awards may have to be scaled down accordingly.
- Only one award will be made per individual in any one calendar year.
- Applicants will be asked to provide evidence of payment of expenses/course fees.