The Guild are looking for someone to help coordinate Safeguarding issues. Would you be willing to help with this important role? Perhaps you already have knowledge of Safeguarding from your employment (e.g. as a Teacher or Healthcare worker) and could help the W&P Guild by taking the role of Safeguarding Officer?
What would you need to do?
Complete the Church of England’s online Safeguarding Training Courses:
· Basic Awareness (~1hr 15min online)
· Foundations (~1hr 30min online)
· Local Safeguarding Leadership Course (~3hr session by Zoom)
Be the point of contact for any Safeguarding issues within the Guild:
· Advise W&P Guild members on Safeguarding issues.
· Report safeguarding concerns raised by W&P Guild members to the Diocesan Safeguarding Team.
· Inform W&P Guild members of safeguarding concerns received from the Diocesan Safeguarding Team.
· Maintain phone and email contact with all three Safeguarding Leaders (Winchester Diocese, Portsmouth Diocese and Portsmouth Roman Catholic) to enable the transfer of information.
· Attend the W&P Guild business meetings (Guild AGM and twice-yearly Executive Meetings).
· Be able to listen to, and respond to, any new cases from members and other outside bodies in a timely manner.
In the past 13 years there have only been four cases, which either involved escalation to Diocese level or cascading information received from other Safeguarding Officers to W&P Guild members.
Further information can be found on the current Guild Safeguarding Policy: https://wpbells.org/guild-safeguarding-policy/
If you have questions or would like to discuss the role, please contact the Guild Master, Rachael Barber: 07714 325 059 or Contact Rachael Barber