The next Winchester District QDM will be held on Saturday 14th May at St Peter & St Paul’s Church, Kings Somborne.
There will be open ringing from 3-4pm, a simple tea and then the business session will start at 4.30pm. After the meeting there will be more open ringing for those who would like to do so.
Please let Micki Nadal (Winchester District Secretary) for more details and to let her know if you intend to come along as this helps us with the catering arrangements.
- Chairman’s Welcome/prayers
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the previous meeting (ADM held on 12th February 2022)
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Loss of members through death
- Confirmation of belfry elections
- Election of new ringing members
- District Communications – ‘Given the duplication that arises through the District using multiple channels of communication, and the need to maximise engagement with members across the District, a survey to be carried out to establish District members preferences for different types of communication. The results of the survey and any recommendations for action arising therefrom to be reported to the next Quarterly District Meeting.’
- A proposal by R Booth to undertake a consultation exercise and report back with recommendations to a future meeting. Supporting documentation – please see attachment or the District Newsletter sent on 1/5/22 and to Tower Correspondents on 3/5/22
- Training needs/purchases and programme – ‘That the District allocates £150 from its funds to purchase a set of four roller banners to be used for PR purposes across the District’.
- A Proposal by Mrs C Knights-Whittome of the design and purchase of roller banners for PR displays. Supporting document from Mrs C Knights-Whittome attached.
- Programme of future events
- Younger ringers in the District
- Improvers’ practices (WIMPS)
- Jubilee ringing and Quarter Peal fortnight
- Trout ‘n About Stockbridge, Alresford and Romsey Shows
- Twyford and Ropley restoration projects – update
- Any other notified business
- Chairman to close meeting