Go for something that will immediately inform the viewer what is cancelled. Include the date, place, and what the event is cancelled.
- Practice at Lower Wittering Cancelled on June 8th
- ZZ District Outing on Sept 8th Cancelled
- No practices at Little Wittering until further notice
- No Sunday Ringing at Greater Wittering until June 10th
The Featured Image
There is a banner just saying “CANCELLED” which is eye catching.
Is usually just a message about the cancellation. I usually omit “because the band are all on holiday” as that is personal information and this is a public website. I do include a contact name though. If possible, the person who sent the information in.
Understanding The Categories
- If you think it’s of interest across the whole Guild, HEADLINE.
- If the cancellation mentions a tower, the tower’s name.
- If it was a district event, the particular district’s name.
- USE A DATE STAMP – for the date the event is NOT taking place. Use the actual date stamp (eg 2018 Dec 20th-26th) in most cases.
- You MAY occasionally need”1 THIS WEEK” if the cancellation relates to a series of weeks starting from now. Other categories such as THIS MONTH will achieve nothing and the post will not be correctly displayed.
- If it is a Peal/Quarter report, use PERFORMANCE.
Examples of categories:
- Practice at Lower Wittering Cancelled on June 8th LOWER WITTERING, 2018 Jun 07th- Jun 13th, CANCELLATION
- ZZ District Outing on Sept 8th Cancelled ZZ DISTRICT EVENT, 2018 Sep 07th- Sep 13th, CANCELLATION, HEADLINES
- No practices at Little Wittering until further notice LITTLE WITTERING, 1 THIS WEEK, CANCELLATION
- No Sunday Ringing at Greater Wittering until June 10th GREATER WITTERING, 1 THIS WEEK, CANCELLATION