Our There But Not There silhouettes have been appearing in high profile locations around the country.
However, we want to ensure that every community is able to host an installation, returning those who died in the First World War to the spaces they left behind.
This is why we have teamed up with the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust to provide micro grants so that any community wishing to host an installation can, without worrying about how to pay for it.
Applications are only open for a short time: 1st June – 30th June
If you wish to apply, you will need to include the following in your application:
- Where your project will take place, such as a place of worship or community venue
- What type of event you will run to bring your community together. Please note, this does not have to be extravagant, it can be as simple as a coffee morning
- How you will include people within your community in your event, including people from the Armed Forces Community. For example, you could invite veterans or work with local bases or cadet groups
- Why you need financial help to get the silhouettes
- You will also need to provide the names of two people who are involved in running your organisation and authorised to apply
- You can find more details in our pre-application guide
Please note, the grant is for the silhouettes only, not the 6 foot aluminium Tommies.