Dear Ringing Society Public Relations Officer,
How does your association/guild/society involve the general public?
I am putting together ideas and guidelines on how associations/guilds/societies can engage with the public to raise the awareness of ringing. Ringing for special events is something that is done well, but often there is minimal public involvement, which is why I would like to explore how we can engage more with the public.
I’d love to hear about what you have done and how it went, so please let me know:
- What did you do and where?
- Was it linked to another event and did that help?
- How did you engage with the public?
- Did you target a specific group (e.g. Scouts, sports fans, historical group)?
- Was it successful and why?
- How was it publicised and where?
- What other ideas do you have that you haven’t tried yet?
The more unusual ideas sometimes work really well to catch the public’s attention, so I welcome your most bizarre ideas too!
I am also sending this email to society secretaries.
Please reply by email toPRO@derbyda.org.uk by 1st September 2017.
I look forward to hearing your stories and ideas.
Public Relations Committee
Central Council of Church Bell Ringers