Another well-attended practice with lots of hard work and progress made. Some highlights were:
- First go at Double Court Bob Minor for 2 of the ringers, and the method has once again succeeded in being a novel challenge, without being too heavyweight. It was also good practice for those Christchurch ringers who have been working on it for a few weeks already.
- Good progress with Kent Inside, consolidating a long term learning effort for several of us. Next time, can people aim to ring a new bell as well as their “comfort blanket bell”?
- Useful practice for the Bob Minor Conductors in the group, both of whom were able to try something new. Mostly we rang it accurately enough to come around but we need to do more homework on the Singles for February.
- Very tidy Treble Bob Hunt practice which was a help for the aspiring “treble-to-Kent” ringer.
- Yes, we missed Chris!
Consensus of the band is that for February 22nd we would like to stay with the same methods:
- Plain Bob Minor (including Singles)
- Kent Minor
- Double Court Minor (let’s look at some Bobs next!)
- Treble Bob Hunt Minor
Please can the conductors come prepared to call some short touches of Double Court and simple Single-only touches of Bob Minor?
It’s a good practice to work on your Ringing Master skills as well – anyone want to do all or part of the job in February?