To offer to each member of the Guild a tailored version of the current news and events, which starts with their most local information.
About 10 minutes once you have got used to it. Maybe 30 the first time? Usually this is posted around 5pm on a Friday but can be any time from non Friday to noon Saturday.
Before You Can Share News:
You need to be a member of the target network, and logged into Facebook/Twitter as desired.
- Facebook Groups: Click on the news feed link you want, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the Facebook Icon. Change “share to timeline” to “share to group” and select the appropriate group. It’s best to add a personal message, then Post.
- Yahoo Email Groups: Open the link to the group in a new tab (this will open a box for a new topic), open the link to the newsfeed, copy and paste the contents of the news feed, and drop it into the “new topic” box. Add an appropriate subject eg “Weekly News Friday 15th March”. To create pictures for links, mouse to the end of the link and press the RETURN key. A picture should appear within 5 seconds. Repeat as necessary. This is a pain and takes practice to get the knack. The pictures aren’t essential but all research indicates that they do encourage engagement.
- Well behaved email groups (eg Google Goups): Open the link to the group in a new tab (this will open a box for a new topic), open the link to the newsfeed, copy and paste the contents of the news feed which includes the pictures, and drop it into the “new topic” box. Add an appropriate subject eg “Weekly News Friday 15th March”.
- Twitter: Visit the news feed page, scroll to the bottom and click the twitter icon.
News Feeds For The Guild
- Guild Weekly News – Complete Version - Not currently sent to a network
- News for Guild Facebook Group - Post into the Guild Facebook Group
- This Week’s Guild News - post to the Win-Port Email List
News Feeds For the Districts
- The Online Newsletter of Alton and Petersfield Bellringers - post by visiting: Alton and Petersfield Email List
- Bellringing News from the Channel Islands - Not currently posted as no known social networks.
- Portsmouth District Bellringing News - Post into the District Facebook Group
- Andover District Bellringing News - Post into the District Facebook Group
- Winchester District Bellringing News - Not currently posted
- Bellringing around Basingstoke - Post into the District Facebook Group
- Isle of Wight Bellringing News - Post into the District Facebook Group
News Feeds For Towers
- Christchurch Priory – Weekly News Sheet - post to priory Google Group
- The Bournemouth Bells Weekly News - Post to the Bournemouth Bells Email Group
All these news feeds have a hand-written excerpt, which are explained here: