Derek Jackson’s original challenge to the Eling Band created a lot of curious interest online (it has been one of the most-read Firsts Fortnight posts) and inspired no fewer that TWENTY THREE people to attend the practice night that week! Here’s what the band achieved…. RM
- Daniel to ring in a striking competition for the FIRST time. DONE
- All participants of the theory lessons do their homework for the FIRST time and work out the figures of X 14 X 36 X 16 etc Lead end 16 (Which gives you 1 5 6 3 4 2)
- Tina learn to call a basic call-change.Done 15/03
- John ring the treble unaided to a touch of Little Bob Minor without help, for the FIRST time. Done 15/03
- Lawrence ring above inside for the FIRST time.
- Susanne learn to raise a ball IN PEAL for the FIRST time.
- David to identify a Minor method he could ring FIRST, once he notifies the rest of us.DONE
- Susanne. Choose any tune and convert it into handbell music so that the handbell team ring it FIRST. Done 15/03, and very musical!
- Lawrence. Write out a plain course of Stedman Triples.
a. Alan learn Carlisle Surprise Minor for the FIRST time, and ring it on Sunday.. DONE .
b. David ditto.DONE
c. D.C.J. ditto DONE
d. Margaret F. ditto.DONE
e. Margaret F2 ditto.DONE
f. Steve ditto.DONE
g.Get Well Maurice ditto. and a quarter dedicated Done 13/03
11. Mary. Ring P.C. of D.N.C.B.M. Done 15/03
12. Polly Call a basic touch of Stedman Triples. Done 15/03
13. William. Ring his first quarter peal. Done 13/03
14. Polly Ring a quarter peal of Cambridge Surprise Minor. Done 12/03