The District has some modest funding available and, initially for a one year trial, is asking members to apply for bursaries to help meet the costs of recognised training courses (e.g. Hereford or Bradfield courses).
Purpose of the Bursary Scheme
To promote the instruction of change ringing by providing funds to enable ringers to broaden their experience by attending recognised ringing courses.
- To qualify for a bursary, individuals must be paid-up members of the Andover District (including probationary members).
- The course for which the individual is applying for funding must be a recognised change ringing course.
- Bursaries will normally be awarded up to a maximum rate of 50% of the course costs and not exceeding £100. However, if the amount of applications received by the District exceeds £300, awards may be scaled down accordingly. Only one award will be made per individual in any one year.
- Applications must be made by 30th April 2016.
- Payment will be made after the applicant has produced evidence of payment (receipt/letter from the training organisation).
For further details or to obtain an application form, please contact the District Treasurer, Ros Brandwood, telephone 01635 48937 or email
In addition to the above scheme, the District, upon application, will also meet the cost of fees for Guild Education Committee Training Days for those in full-time education.