Principal Role: To provide administrative and secretarial support for the District Chairman in the management of the District, including Meetings and Events.
- Act as reference point for District officers, Tower secretaries and members
- Represent the District at Guild meetings
- Co-ordinate District ringing and social events
- Co-ordinate communication within and outside the District
- Be contact for enquiries from outside the District
Annual and Quarterly Meetings
- Produce Agenda
- Arrange for Librarian to be present
- Contact Tower Contact of designated venue and confirm arrangements for the meeting, including:
- Ringing prior to service,
- Incumbent to take Service,
- Tea venue, organist.
- Send notice to The Ringing World to appear a week before the meeting.
- For ADM, co-ordinate reports from District officers
- Record minutes and agree them with the chairman
- Produce diary of forthcoming events for the next three months
- Send minutes and programme for publication in Changes.
Guild and District Events
- Co-ordinate timetable of events (meetings, practice nights, social events)
- Liaise with towers for meetings and practice nights
- Publicise events
- Update information about District Towers for publication in the next Guild report.
- Produce District Secretary’s report, in conjunction with Tower secretaries.
- Distribute Guild Reports each tower.
Guild Executive Committee (EC) Meetings
- Represent District at these meetings.
- Advise Guild Secretary of members who qualify for Life Membership or who have died since the last EC.
- Prepare and submit papers for discussion if required
- Replenish stocks of badges, certificates, etc.
- Attend to represent the District
- Host every 8 years
- Liaise with other District officers/committee
- Disseminate information as quickly/effectively as possible
- In conjunction with Ringing Masters be aware of the state of ringing and needs at each tower: training, practice support, maintenance, etc.
- Visit each tower once a year
- Produce annual District Secretary’s Report
- Promote the Guild website and e-mail list
- List members not wishing to appear in Guild Report
- Ensure all those whose name is on the website have completed a consent form