Principal Role: To assist and deputise for the District Secretary in his/her principal role as required.
Secondary Roles: To co-ordinate social activities in accordance with annual programme
- Quarterly Meetings (in the absence of the District Secretary)
- Produce Agenda
- Contact Tower Contact of designated venue and confirm arrangements for the meeting, including:
- Ringing prior to service,
- Incumbent to take Service,
- Tea venue, organist.
- Send notice to The Ringing World to appear a week before the meeting.
- Record minutes and agree them with the chairman
- Produce diary of forthcoming events for the next three months
- Send minutes and programme for publication in Changes.
- Social events (skittles evening, barbecue, quiz night)
- Co-ordinate volunteer sub-committees from towers on a rota basis (to be agreed in principle at ADM)
- Ensure checklist for each event is available and maintained up-to-date as each event is organised.
- Publicity for social events in conjunction with sub-committees.
- Co-ordinate suggestions for additional/alternative events.
- Assist with special events or other activities as required.